"20 Mile High Swinger" (excerpt)
"The Fence" (excerpt)
"Black Light" (excerpt)
"Running Fast" (excerpt)
The electric piano frenzy continues with 78 minutes of library goodness brought to you today, so make sure you return those overdue books and settle back for some Sunday sunshine.
If none of us read anymore, then at least we can listen to the library. I wrote a few paragraphs somewhere in another post about why I think we listen to library music, and there's something of a history here, but no need to analyse this weekend as we flow with some classics and favourites :
From Duncan Lamont's chilled opener "The Apartment" (of 'Sweeney' fame) we move into some flute-laden jazz funk territory for a few tracks, then move into some brazil soundalike tracks beginning with Andre Ceccarelli.
Alan Tew's "The Fence" and Stefano Torossi's classic "Fighting For Life" lead us through some wah wah and blaxpo near-tension, before John Cameron's "Half Remembered Daydream" takes us into the centre vocal section of the compilation : for six tracks you can practise your "woo woos", "bu-bu-bu-bu-buhs" and "da da das" - yes folks, welcome to vocalese language school.
Alan Hawkshaw and Brian Bennett pick up the pace as we head into an action section that never quite requires us to remove our seatbelts, before Stan Sulzmann and friends drop us down to some jazz, and then the final soft but still uneasy tones of our constant host Alan Tew.
- 01 the apartment - duncan lamont
- 02 money runner - alan tew
- 03 gang progress - andre ceccarelli
- 04 at risk - david lindup
- 05 afro metropolis - john cameron
- 06 undergroove - alan hawkshaw
- 07 black light - alan parker
- 08 bossa for my eet - andre ceccarelli
- 09 virgin land - tony kinsey
- 10 flute in five four - duncan lamont
- 11 the fence (version a) - alan tew
- 12 fighting for life - stefano torrosi
- 13 the rub - alan tew
- 14 half forgotten daydreams - john cameron
- 15 husky birdsong - keith mansfield
- 16 liquid sunshine- john cameron
- 17 high diver - alan hawkshaw
- 18 shout - daniel janin
- 19 ski bird - alan hawkshaw
- 20 mile high swinger - alan hawkshaw/brian bennett
- 21 the rally - dennis farnon
- 22 dindou no.1 - andre ceccarelli
- 23 running fast - stefano torrosi
- 24 theme hypnose - jannick top
- 25 sojan - stan sulzmann
- 26 sidewalk - frank ricotti/tony hymas/stan sulzmann
- 27 nightwatch - alan tew
- 28 the fence (version b) - alan tew
- 29 eyes - alan tew
Thanks to my fellow bloggers everywhere for everything. I tend to heavily cull all the library stuff I collect, so it's hard to trace these all back - but I know that thanks should go, as ever, to Quimsy, Bacoso, Reza and many other masters of the known universe ...so please visit these people, talk to them ...
LINK IN COMMENTS
that's the place you can leave comments too :)